• Send us a message

    Fill in our form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible

    Please enter name
    Please enter your telephone number
    Please enter your email address
    Please let us know which of offices would most convenient for you?
    Please enter the details of your enquiry
    Please enter the verification code
    Send us a message
  • Services for you
  • Services for business

Claims Against a Deceased Estate

Glanvilles can assist you in dealing with claims arising out of a deceased's estate. This is a complex area of law and our specialist team of family solicitors will be able to advise and assist with a claim under the Inheritance Act.

Making an inheritance claim

If you have been left out of a Will or if you feel that adequate provision has not been made, it is important to act quickly.  Will disputes, contested estates and inheritance claims will require a detailed examination of the deceased estate and the surrounding circumstances and strict time limits apply.

There are a number of circumstances in which you may be entitled to challenge a Will, or make a claim for greater provision from a deceased estate. You should seek advice immediately if:

  • You were dependent on the deceased and you have not been provided for in their Will
  • The provision made for you in the Will is not adequate for your needs
  • You believe that the Will is unfair
  • You are named as Executor and the Will does not provide for a family member or spouse
  • You believe that the deceased was not of sound mind when they made their last Will
  • You believe that the deceased was unduly influenced by one or more beneficiaries named in the Will
  • The deceased passed away without a Will
  • The Will is unclear

Types of Deceased Estate Claims

When challenging an estate there are generally two main types of claims:

  • Challenging the validity of a Will
  • Making a claim for greater provision from an estate pursuant to the Inheritance (Family Provision) Act 1972 (SA) (known as an "Inheritance Claim").

Get in touch with our wills, trusts & estate planning solicitors in Chichester, Fareham and Havant

You can contact your local Glanville’s office in Chichester, FarehamHavant or Petworth or use the contact form below and we will get back to you quickly.